Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

i should be turning green.

I eat greens like they are going out of syle, it's a good thing though and yes I really do love it:) Its also hard to find healthy salad dressings and if you do you will pay a pretty penny. Recently been reading on all things anti-inflammatory esp for my mom. So practically all dressings are made from either sunflower, canola or soybean oh and if your lucky theyll sneak in some PH...Partially Hydrogenated junk too! So Ive  been buying ones without the PH and as low as sugar can get but still be enjoyable. BUT...all the canola, sunflower and soybean oils are inflammatory and as much salad as I eat everyday..yes its a lot, I will pay for it. So the other day I saw a gift my mom got from Pampered Chef. It was a salad dressing herb kit. I kinda tweeked the recipe and heres what I came up with:
2Tbsp olive oil--this is the only oil you want in dressings, very anti-inflammatory
2Tbsp apple cider vinegar-organic Braggs brand is the best
1Tbsp honey or agave syrup
shake some dried herbs in it..can be anything, heres what in the Pampered Chef Herb mix:
tumeric
lemon peel
garlic
red bell pepper
salt
sugar

This doesnt make alot so for every 2Tbsp of oil put two Tbsp of ACV(apple cider vinegar) and 1Tbsp honey or agave. 
YUM...I have found a dressing that I love and you can control the amount of sugar in it too:)

So if you love salad you will love this dressing!! Try it:)


be well...

1 comment:

  1. Jo, I made some of this yesterday! I posted it on my blog too and linked your blog for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete