Search This Blog

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010. make smart changes one day at a time.




I just cannot believe how fast time is going. Making every second count is my new motto! I dont make resolutions because I feel so obligated to keep them, so I just try to change a little at at time for the good of myself and my family. I will definitely be more "green" this year! Here are some ways to start off your year being more green without putting too much of a dent in your wallet:

-wash with baking soda and your favorite essential oil instead of using regular store bought detergent that are loaded with chemicals and skin irritants
-change your shampoo and conditioner to ones that contain only natural healthy ingredients for your skin and body ie no parabens or sodium lauryl sulfate or anything with any added colors(red and blue #4)
-use clean, natural dish soap in place of your dove or whatever brand you buy, they are fairly inexpensive and worth the switch
-recycle
-change your cleaning products to natural ones like baking soda, white vinegar or natural store bought ones that are maybe a little more in price, but greatly worth it for you and your family
-buy paint that has little or no VOC's(volatile organic chemicals) in this case organic is not good. Paint lets off chemicals in the air so be sure to inquire at your local home improvement store about their paint brands.

you may be overwhelmed at first, but by changing one thing at a time, you not only feel better, you are taking care of our earth and your family!!

happy 2010 and be well!!


No comments:

Post a Comment